Yukon New Home Energy Efficiency Rebate
If you are planning on building a new highly efficient, high-performance, the electric home you may be entitled to rebates of up to $11,500.
Funding amounts are as follows:
- $10,000 in rebates are available if you build a home that uses 60% less thermal energy than a home built to the 2015 National Building Code.
- $5,000 rebates are available if your new home uses 50% to 59% less thermal energy than a home built to the 2015 National Building Code.
- $1,500 in funding is also available for air-source heat pumps installed in newly built homes.
Air-source heat pumps with a heating season performance standard must equal or exceed:
- 9 or better for ducted systems; or
- 10 or better for non-ducted systems. These systems are also known as mini splits.