Improving the level of insulation or R-value in your home has many benefits including:
• Saving on heating bills: heating home accounts for over 50% of the electricity used in electrically heated homes on average.
• Increasing the R-value of your insulation: this keeps your house warmer in the fall and winter months.
• Attic insulation: this helps to keep your home cooler in the summer
• Increasing the R-value of your basement insulation: this helps to prevent problems with humidity.
Insulation Rebate amounts are:
• 75% of the cost of insulation for your basement, ceiling, or walls – up to $1,000.
• 50% of the cost of insulation for your attic – up to $1,000.