This is how it works. You own a house, have a natural gas furnace or boiler and you would like to complete some upgrades but haven’t started yet. You research Enbridge Home Efficiency Rebate and look into renovations.
Before you’re ready to start you get a Pre-Retrofit Energy Audit. After the audit you are provided with an EnerGuide Label (LBL), Home Owner Information Sheet (HOIS) and a Renovation Upgrade Report (RUR). These reports give you energy information about your house, telling you how much energy your house cost to live in for a year in Gigajoules. (The rating is standardized to allow for the comparison of homes.) The Renovation Upgrade Report (RUR) guides you more toward beneficial upgrades personalized for your house.
The next step is to plan out your renovation upgrades. Two upgrades minimum are required and three if a furnace is included. Do not forget to keep good documentation and take pictures of the work being done. You have to complete your renovations within 120 days and have your Post-Retrofit Energy Audit booked before the 120th day. The post-audit provides you with your new EnerGuide Label and Home Owner Information Sheet (HOIS). The application for rebates will be sent to Enbridge. Enbridge calculates the rebates and sends them to you.
• $10,000 available through the Enbridge HER Plus Program for your Principal Residence if you are an Enbridge Gas customer.
• $5,000 available through the Canada Greener Homes Program for your Principal Residence if you are not an Enbridge Gas customer.
• $5,000 available through the Enbridge HER Plus Program for your Investment Property if you are an Enbridge Gas customer.
Funding Available for:
• Air Sealing up to $1,300
• Attic Insulation up to $2,350
• Basement Insulation up to $2,000
• Crawlspace Insulation up to $1,700
• Exterior Wall Insulation up to $6,750
• Air Source Heat Pumps up to $6,500
• Crawlspace Waterproofing up to $600
• Doors up to $175
• Foundation Waterproofing up to $875
• Ground Source Heat Pumps up to $6,500
• Roofing Underlay 100°/o up to $150
• Solar / Photovoltaic Systems up to $5,000
• Water Heater up to $1,300
• Windows up to $325